Grid and Snap
- The grid is displayed on the active construction plane. You can specify the grid unit and size in the preferences.
- You can use grid snapping to snap your cursor to the grid while drawing or moving objects.
- To toggle grid snapping, click Snap to grid in the top right of the window. To specify the grid size, change the value under Snap to grid.
- To temporarily turn off grid snapping, hold Ctrl while dragging.
- You can execute the grid snapping in the Command Palette; Grid: toggle grid snapping, Viewport: decrease grid size, Viewport: increase grid size.
You can use snapping to snap your cursor to features while drawing or moving objects.
To toggle the object snapping, click the Enable snapping in the top right of the window. To toggle different types of snapping, click theand adjust the options.
To temporarily enable snapping, hold the Ctrl key. Snapping is automatically enabled when drawing Curves.
You can snap to points on various types of objects: Control-Vertex, Curve, Region, Edge, and Face. A snap target appears as a small black dot.
Tip help appears when you point to a snap target. Click when the tip help is visible to snap accurately.
Snap target Tip help Control-Vertex CV Curve Curve, Beginning, End, Middle, Closest, Intersection, X, Y, Z, XY, YZ, ZX, Center, 1/4, 3/4, Tan/Tan Region Region, Center Edge Edge, End, Middle Face Face, Center
You can execute the object snapping in the Command Palette; Snaps: toggle snap snapping.
- To draw a sketch accurately, please refer to Sketching Tips.